LEKA, in its current prototype stage, is able to roll, light up, make sounds and display images. Thanks to these primary functions, our research team is able to work with parents and professionals and gain feedback to make LEKA even better!
The next step of the process is manufacturing LEKA. In this stage, we will make sure that the first version of LEKA meets all safety and security standards in the American and European markets.
How we found our manufacturing partner
To develop LEKA, we needed to find a partner with electronic engineering knowledge and expertise. Our technical team wanted to select a manufacturer who could control the process internally, so we could closely follow LEKA’s development.
BSE - Bourgogne Service Electronics, met all of our criteria. It is a French company, so we can easily communicate and interact with them, and they provide unique expertise to innovative companies like us, which guarantees security and efficiency.
From designing the electronic card to the manufacturing of LEKA
BSE is currently building our electronic board and will then begin to manufacture LEKA!
The electronic board has a particularly powerful processor, which allows us display images on the screen and manage capacitive captors, RFID (radio-frequency identification) tags and LED (light-emitting diode) lights. The electronic board will also allow users to wirelessly recharge LEKA.
In order to meet the legal requirements, BSE will subject LEKA to a variety of tests pre- and post-production.
Next steps The BSE road map is composed of upcoming key dates:
- July 2016 – We will release the first manufactured prototype. November 2016 – We will release the second improved and optimized manufacturing prototype.
- December 2016 – The last prototype will be released just before Christmas as we want to present LEKA to Santa’s workshop.
- January 2017 – LEKA will need to go through the validation process. The production of the pre-series products will start in February.
- April 2017 - We will begin manufacturing the finished products.
- May 2017 – LEKA will finally be wrapped and delivered to your door.
Register at leka.io to be the first one to know when we launch.